Even if you have never held a pencil before you will be guided through every step of your artistic journey!
Learn the fundamentals of drawing, how to utilise these and apply them to any subject, this course covers the integral foundations of the art of drawing. The assignments cover every step you need to complete fully rendered and accurate drawings – from setting up a drawing space learning how to hold a pencil correctly and understanding your materials, to mastering proportion, edges, shapes and values. Our courses can be studied full time, part time or as one-off lessons, and are broken down into manageable assignments for beginners all the way through to advance students. At the end of each assignment students are given detailed feedback and critiques allowing for personal development.
***Once a course has been bought you will receive an email with a link to your personal google classroom page where you will find pre course resources and references.***
Full Time Course
– Spread over 4 months with courses being purchased in monthly blocks, made up of four assignments per month, each assignment containing various lessons (if you need a break between months just let us know).
– Firstly you have an introductory call with your tutor covering the course specifics, the Google classrooms learning system and answering any questions.
– We use the Google classrooms learning system which is easily navigable and enables students to access the course information at their leisure, it also enables clear between the student and tutor throughout coursework assignments.
– Students are provided with login details to their personal student area within Google Classrooms where they can access their assignments and the lessons that make up each assignment.
– Students have access to an the relative online database of course resources and reference images.
Week 1 – Introduction and understanding the visual abstraction,
Week 2 – Simple Bargue plates,
Week 3 – Simple plaster casts from photograph reference,
Week 4 – Complex Bargue plates
Week 5 – Understanding shadow shapes,
Week 6 – Simple two value drawings,
Week 7 – Two value master studies,
Week 8 – Complex two value drawings
Week 9 – Learning to use charcoal and materials,
Week 10 – Understanding edges and values,
Week 11 – Fully rendered simple geometric shapes
Week 12 – Fully rendered Bargue plates
Week 13 – Beginning of longer drawing project I
Week 14 – End of longer drawing project I
Week 15 – Beginning of longer drawing project II
Week 16 – End of longer drawing project II
3-4 hours of learning per week
Spread over 8 months this part time course follows the same path as the full time course but with 2 assignments a month rather than 4.
2-3 hours of learning a week
Once a month:
Please look at our full time and part time course descriptions as this course is adapted to one lesson a month.
1 hour of learning a week
One month intensive foundation course:
By taking the core elements from each section of the foundation course, this intensive course is designed to give the student a complete overview in the fundamentals of drawing in just one month.
3-4 hours of learning per week